Covid-19 Updated Resident Visitation & Excursion Rules in Effect at Harbour Landing Village
March 15, 2020
To all Harbour Landing Village Residents and Families:
Harbour Landing Village is committed to doing everything we can to protect the health and safety of our residents, their families and friends, and our employees during this COVID-19 pandemic.
Our dedicated employees are experienced in taking the necessary preventive precautions while continuing to provide compassionate, high-quality care.
With recent events related to COVID-19, Harbour Landing Village is taking additional actions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 into our building. First and foremost, we must continue to remain calm and remember that prevention remains our best strategy.
Effective immediately, visitation is limited to “Essential Visitors” at Harbour Landing Village.
In order to ensure a safe and secure environment for residents, we will only allow essential visitors until further notice. This applies to all residents in our Personal Care Home and Independent Living. Active Screening will take place at a single entrance point (front door) for essential visitors and staff at our building. We will re-evaluate this measure in the coming weeks and ensure consistency with guidance on enhanced public health measures.
We identify essential visitors as those who have a resident who is dying or very ill in a live-in treatment setting. Management reserves the right to control the number of visitors at one time and these visitors will continue to be actively screened. Following screening, management reserves the right to mandate that all visitors wear Personal Protective Equipment and not come within 2 metres or 6 feet of other residents or staff.
No other visitors will be permitted to enter our building. Instead, we ask you to keep in touch with loved ones by phone or other technologies, as available.
Please note, if you deliver any supplies to your loved one, please contact Lauren as soon as possible to make arrangements.
Minimizing Potential Risk via Excursions
Other than for essentials such as medical appointments, we are strongly recommending that our residents not go out into the community. All group outings and transportation services by Harbour Landing Village to community destinations have been temporarily suspended. Residents are encouraged to stay connected with friends and family by the way of telephone and other technologies. Staff members will be available to assist with this in any way we can. To help reduce the daily impact of these measures the following support services will be added.
- We have an order sheet at reception and will do a shopping run daily to pick up anything that our residents need.
- Our programming and activities teams are adding activities to ensure residents can maintain active lifestyles.
We regret the inconvenience this may cause for you, your family members and friends; however, we must do everything we can to prevent the spread of COVID-19 to our residents and the people who provide care to them. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Please anticipate the continued rollout of additional preventative measures. We are doing everything we can and are following the guidance from Public Health Canada, Saskatchewan Health Authority and Ministry of Health, and the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
If you have questions, I am available or you can contact our General Manager, Lauren Benesh.
President & CEO
Harbour Landing Village
Roots Kitchen & Bar Temporarily Closed to the Public
March 13, 2020
To our valued patrons of Roots Kitchen & Bar and Perk Coffee House,
As previously communicated, Harbour Landing Village is committed to doing everything we can to protect the health and safety of our residents, employees, families and childcare centre. We must continue to remain calm and remember that prevention remains our best strategy.
There have been no confirmed COVID-19 cases associated with Harbour Landing Village, but we are committed to mitigating the risk of exposure to COVID-19 in our Village to protect those we are entrusted with to the best of our ability.
Today, after continuing to review the current environment, including the recommendations to reduce mass social gatherings from the Provincial Government, we made the decision to take additional precautions to mitigate risks; we deemed that temporarily closing Roots and Perk to the public was necessary at this time. We are incredibly proud of our one-of-a-kind vibrant atmosphere and dining destination for the community, but our resident safety is our top priority. This temporary closure will be effective March 14, 2020, until further notice. Please note, Roots will remain open to serve residents and families of residents.
We are honoured by the recognition we continue to receive for the quality of our overall culinary offering and from the many repeat customers who continue to make Roots one of their favourite destinations. Roots Kitchen & Bar was recently selected as a finalist in the New Business Venture category for the Regina & District Chamber of Commerce 2020 Paragon Awards. We were also nominated in multiple categories for the Prairie Dog “Best of Food Regina 2020”. These recent nominations are on top of prestigious designations, such as CBC “Crème de la crème of 2018: The best restaurants in Regina”, back to back ‘Le Burger Week’ in 2018 and 2019 and the Tourism Regina Top 5 Places to Eat in Regina as featured on the Justin & Greg Show.
We look forward to opening our doors again soon to welcome the community back to our Village when the time is right!
Please note, while Roots and Perk will be closed to the public, there are a number of important daily food responsibilities that must continue, including serving our residents and Childcare Centre. We will be working with affected staff to discuss a variety of opportunities and shifts within The Village.
President & CEO
Harbour Landing Village
COVID-19: A Letter From Our CEO
March 9, 2020
To Our Visitors, Residents & Families,
We appreciate the trust and confidence placed in us to deliver quality care and services to our residents, families, and community.
Given the current environment, it is especially important for all of us to take extra steps to promote the health and safety of our residents, staff and community. This is why I want to personally update you on the steps we have taken, and continue to take, to mitigate the risk of exposure to COVID-19 in our Village.
At this time, we do not have any known cases of COVID-19 in our Village. The Public Health Agency of Canada and the Government of Saskatchewan have assessed the public health risk associated with COVID-19 (coronavirus) as low – however, this could change quickly.
Harbour Landing Village is following guidance from Public Health officials, provincial health authorities as well as the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and we are taking additional precautions within The Village.
As this is a rapidly evolving situation, we have implemented several measures as part of our Preparedness Plan to enhance the health and safety within our Village. Outlined below are some of the heightened preventative measures we are taking at this time :
- We have posted signs at all entrances instructing families, visitors and members of the general public not to visit if they have symptoms of respiratory infections or have travelled to any COVID-19 impacted areas (as identified by the Government of Canada) in the past 14 days.
- We are communicating to employees about frequent hand washing and using proper handwashing protocol. This includes posting signage in employee areas and providing additional hand sanitizer dispensers.
- We are implementing mandatory visitation screening measures.
- We will be monitoring the broader public access to our community through Roots Kitchen & Bar and Perk Coffee House and we are prepared to restrict access if required.
- We have posted handwashing signage in all public washrooms and have installed additional hand sanitizer dispensers throughout our Village.
- We have implemented increased cleaning protocols for high-touch surfaces in public areas in our Village.
- We have established a dedicated entrance for childcare drop-off and pick-up to maintain separation with residents and the public.
- We are working closely with our vendors and suppliers to make sure they follow safety guidelines.
- Employees who have travelled to areas with higher infection rates of COVID-19, we are asking employees to self-isolate for a minimum of 14 days.
With our primary focus on preventing the virus from entering the community, we are asking family members, visitors, guests and other third parties to refrain from entering our community if they:
- Have any symptoms of respiratory illness, including cough, fever, sore throat, runny nose, and/or shortness of breath;
- Have been diagnosed with or exposed to anyone diagnosed with COVID-19;
- Have reason to believe they, someone in their household, or someone they have close contact with has been exposed to COVID-19; and/or
- Have travelled or anyone in their household has travelled abroad in the last 14 days.
- In addition, as best practices are established for senior living communities, we will modify our procedures accordingly.
To our valued patrons of Roots Kitchen & Bar and Perk Coffee House, in the event that we have to restrict access, we appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we work to support the health and wellness of our residents and associates. We remain focused on our company mission by dedicating ourselves to protecting those we have been entrusted with to the best of our ability.
We are monitoring this situation closely and remain committed to evolving all safety measures on the advice of public health officials to ensure the wellbeing of our residents, families and visitors.
President & CEO
Harbour Landing Village