At Harbour Landing Village we understand one size does not fit all. Our qualified team of medical professionals works closely with residents, families, and physicians to develop care plans that fit the unique needs of everyone. We deliver comprehensive person-centered care to address our residents’ varying needs.
All residents requiring care receive:
- Resident is independent with personal care. May need reminders and cueing.
- Minimal specialized care (e.g. supervising a resident with their own specialized care).
- Independent with transfers and mobility.
- Supervision of behaviour.
- Supervision and some assistance with personal care.
- Assistance with specialized care.
- Supervision and/or one person assist transfers and/or mobility.
- Frequent supervision of resident due to emotional, behavioural or physical needs.
- Direct assistance with all personal care.
- Two-person assist or mechanical lift with transfers and/or mobility.
- Palliative care is specialized medical care for people living with a serious illness. This type of care is focused on providing relief from the symptoms and stress of the illness. The goal is to improve quality of life for both the patient and the family.
Harbour Landing Village allows residents to maintain independence and confidence while providing the entire family peace of mind through our on-site Village Home Care services.
Our care providers offer:
Convalescent & Respite Care Services
Convalescent Care provides care and assistance to individuals from either the hospital or community who require specific medical and therapeutic services in order to recover their strength, endurance, and functionality before returning home.
Respite Care is a temporary accommodation for individuals requiring care in a safe and accessible environment. This program allows primary family caregivers to sustain their own health and well-being with the peace of mind that their loved one is well taken care of.
Other Care Services
Our Village gerontologist, Dr. Meena Pole, provides scheduled weekly resident visits. Our goal is to provide the opportunity to our residents and their families for a continuation of the patient-physician relationship often lost when a patient transitions to higher level care.
Our professional pharmacy team works closely with physicians, nurses, residents, and their families to manage medication services. Medication delivery is provided.
Our on-site licensed nurse provides safe care monthly.
Our on-site hair salon, Studio 3 & Co., keeps our residents’ hair clean, healthy-looking, and attractive.