To Our Visitors, Residents & Families,
We appreciate the trust and confidence placed in us to deliver quality care and services to our residents, families, and community.
Given the current environment, it is especially important for all of us to take extra steps to promote the health and safety of our residents, staff and community. This is why I want to personally update you on the steps we have taken, and continue to take, to mitigate the risk of exposure to COVID-19 in our Village.
At this time, we do not have any known cases of COVID-19 in our Village. The Public Health Agency of Canada and the Government of Saskatchewan have assessed the public health risk associated with COVID-19 (coronavirus) as low – however, this could change quickly.
Harbour Landing Village is following guidance from Public Health officials, provincial health authorities as well as the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and we are taking additional precautions within The Village.
As this is a rapidly evolving situation, we have implemented several measures as part of our Preparedness Plan to enhance the health and safety within our Village.
Outlined below are some of the heightened preventative measures we are taking at this time:
- We have posted signs at all entrances instructing families, visitors and members of the general public not to visit if they have symptoms of respiratory infections or have travelled to any COVID-19 impacted areas (as identified by the Government of Canada) in the past 14 days.
- We are communicating to employees about frequent hand washing and using proper handwashing protocol. This includes posting signage in employee areas and providing additional hand sanitizer dispensers.
- We are implementing mandatory visitation screening measures.
- We will be monitoring the broader public access to our community through Roots Kitchen & Bar and Perk Coffee House and we are prepared to restrict access if required.
- We have posted handwashing signage in all public washrooms and have installed additional hand sanitizer dispensers throughout our Village.
- We have implemented increased cleaning protocols for high-touch surfaces in public areas in our Village.
- We have established a dedicated entrance for childcare drop-off and pick-up to maintain separation with residents and the public.
- We are working closely with our vendors and suppliers to make sure they follow safety guidelines.
- Employees who have travelled to areas with higher infection rates of COVID-19, we are asking employees to self-isolate for a minimum of 14 days.
With our primary focus on preventing the virus from entering the community, we are asking family members, visitors, guests and other third parties to refrain from entering our community if they:
- Have any symptoms of respiratory illness, including cough, fever, sore throat, runny nose, and/or shortness of breath;
- Have been diagnosed with or exposed to anyone diagnosed with COVID-19;
- Have reason to believe they, someone in their household, or someone they have close contact with has been exposed to COVID-19; and/or
- Have travelled or anyone in their household has travelled abroad in the last 14 days.
- In addition, as best practices are established for senior living communities, we will modify our procedures accordingly.
To our valued patrons of Roots Kitchen & Bar and Perk Coffee House, in the event that we have to restrict access, we appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we work to support the health and wellness of our residents and associates. We remain focused on our company mission by dedicating ourselves to protecting those we have been entrusted with to the best of our ability.
We are monitoring this situation closely and remain committed to evolving all safety measures on the advice of public health officials to ensure the wellbeing of our residents, families and visitors.
President & CEO
Harbour Landing Village