UPDATE: December 15, 2020
Click here to view our updated COVID-19 Pandemic Preparedness & Response Plan
To Our Residents, Families, & Visitors,
We appreciate the trust and confidence placed in us to deliver quality care and services to our residents, families, and community.
Given the current environment, it is especially important for all of us to take extra steps to protect the health and safety of our residents, staff, and community. This is why I want to personally update you on the steps we have taken, and continue to take, to mitigate the risk of exposure to COVID-19 in our Village.
We continue to take guidance from Public Health officials, provincial health authorities as well as the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and we are taking additional precautions within The Village.
We will continue to ensure the following measures, among others, remain in effect until we receive guidance/direction from the Saskatchewan Health Authority and Ministry of Health advising of revised measures and/or new public health orders:
- Enhanced cleaning protocols facility-wide are followed daily
- Making sure residents and staff practice physical distancing, including limited group sizes
- Allowing only essential visitors and screening them for symptoms
- Monitoring residents twice daily for symptoms
- Mandatory pre- and post-shift staff screening and temperature checks
- Using face protection and appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Isolating residents with symptoms of illness
- Resident visitation follows strict protocols abiding by public health orders
- Our Childcare Centre will remain segregated and all intergenerational programming (e.g. residents and childcare) will remain suspended indefinitely
- Mandatory staff 14-day self-isolation related travel and/or close contact with a person or persons with novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Our public food outlets will remain closed to the public for dine-in
Harbour Landing Village will be carefully monitoring transmission patterns and other factors in Saskatchewan and across Canada before we make small or significant changes to our current plan. We are intentionally erring on the cautious side and will remain vigilant in our approach to mitigate the risk of exposure of COVID-19 into our facility to protect those we are entrusted with.
For more details or for specific visitation guidelines, please contact our General Manager, Lauren Benesh – email@example.com.
We appreciate your continued patience, cooperation, understanding and support. Please stay safe.
President & CEO
Harbour Landing Village